Sunday 13 December 2015

Book Review: A Very Private Grave


After a hectic few on this I have actually been able to breathe again and do some reading. What to pick when you need a new book.min my case it is usually a mystery. So today I bring you ne which is a mixture of contemporary and historical. 

I have had this book on my kindle for some time but, as I say, have only just got around to reading it. I really wish I had read it sooner. This is the first in one of Donna Fletcher Crow's series and introduces the reader to Felicity and Anthony. A beloved priest, father Dominic, is found bludgeoned to death. Following this felicity and Anthony have to flee from the monastery in order to protect themselves. This leads to a chase throughout the UK whilst they investigate the murder. Without giving too much away ecclesiastical history forms a large part of the story. The historical research in the book is sound and I found this aspect fascinating. The sense of place in this book is also excellent. I learnt so much about different areas of the UK, including Scotland, where I live. This is a first class book with a strong plot and likeable characters. 

I am looking forward to learning more bout the characters in future books. It is always both interesting and fun to see how characters develop in a series.

There we have it for another day my bookaholic friends. I will be back soon, but until then, keep reading. 

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your read! Especially that you like the bits set in Scotland. I had a wonderful time researching in the Galloway area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are ever back in the UK you would be more than welcome back in Scotland

      Delete