Saturday 13 September 2014

Remember Remember by Lisa Cutts



Hello Bookaholics. Lovely to see you back here this evening. I have a cracker of a book for you today. Grab a coffee, make yourself comfy and find out all about it.

This is the first book by Lisa Cutts which I have read and it certainly won't be the last. From the first page this book had me engrossed and I found myself reading all day. This is a solid police procedural, with an absorbing storyline and characters who almost feel real. 

The main character DC Nina Foster is superbly portrayed. She has just returned to work aching been off sick for a number of months, this was following an attack by one of the criminals she was trying to arrest. She has a number of inner demons and these make her character both interesting and complex. Her personal life is as messed up as her professional life. Still she is a lovable character and I found myself liking her more and more as the book progressed. On her return to work she is assigned to a cold case from 40 years ago. This is meant to keep her desk bound and ease her return to work. As you can imagine, this does not work out as planned.

The remainder of the characters in this book are also well drawn. I could imagine everyone do them including hits in the seedy underworld of the criminal fraternity. Not the easiest place to be but truly the sign of a great writer. I found myself liking, hating then liking the characters again.

The only minor point which irritated me was the way in which the main police characters used pet names for each other such as treacle. I am willing to admit that this could be a foible in me and it may not be a problem for others. However, it happened so often it pulled me out of the story a bit which was a shame. Despite this I really enjoyed this book and am sure all lovers of crime books will find this right up their alley. I would highly recommend. 

So there we have it for another day. I am sure that you will agree this is a cracker of a book once you grab a copy and read it. See you all back here soon my Bookaholic friends. You can get back to your book now. I'm busy reading the next one I will be bringing to you before long. Keep reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment