Sunday 20 July 2014

Book Review: Tips for the Sophisticated Marketer by DeAnna Troupe


Today on Bookaholic I bring you a great book for marketing on a budget. I did promise you an eclectic selection of books. 

This book may be small but it packs a real punch for anyone wanting to market without paying out a large amount of money. DeAnna Troupe starts simple and outlines what is meant by the different terms. She then goes on to cover the different methods of free, or low cost, advertising which the small business owner can access. These are not gone into in any great detail. However, this is not necessary as the approach taken will depend on the nature of the business.

The section on writing a press release is informative and useful. The Social media section may be a little less helpful for those whoa re already familiar with Facebook, Twitter etc., but will be useful for those fairly new to these sites. The section on video is short, but informative. Forums, ezines and places to get free advertising are also covered. 

Where this book really comes into its own are the numerous links which are contained within its pages. These take you to many different sites which support the text and these are a valuable resource. There is even a link to Troupe's free course on advertising. So this books reach is way beyond the physical page. 

The one thing I would have to say, is that I found the book to be a little too short. I was finding it helpful and interesting and then it just stopped. In all fairness to the author, this may just be me, as I like my reading material to be longer. Despite this I feel that this book is worth downloading. The links alone are worth the money. 

             

I was given a copy of this book in return for a fair review. At no time was I encouraged to provide a positive review. My review is based on my reading of the book and reflects my fair opinions. 


There we have it for another day my Bookaholic friends. For all those who are running small businesses, and all my author friends this is one for you. See you next time with another great review, of another fabulous book. Keep happy and keep reading.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete