Sunday 9 February 2014

The Babylon Gene by Alex Churton





We're back to thrill's and spills today on Bookaholic and what a book I bring to you. One you wil definitely want to buy and read.

This book is very complex and you need to keep your wits about you whilst reading. However, it is one of the most gripping books I have read. At it's basic level this is a thriller with non stop action. The leader of an Ancient Kurdish Tribe is being sought as it is thought he holds the key to something which will allow countries or organisation to gain word dominance. This leads to a whirlwind tour around the world, with the action keeping you both breathless and reading. The characters are superbly written. Toby Ashe, the main character, is believable and I found myself drawn to him and liking him. However, other seemingly less important characters, such as Aslan, are also compelling and complex.

The authors' footnote says this is a work of fiction but it is based on present day fact. You are left wondering what is fact and what is fiction. I loved this book. I was sorry to see it end and would highly recommend. An outstanding debut from an author it is worth watching out for in the future.

So there we have it for another day. I'm off to read a book about a former spy who is helping to form the United Nations after WW2. Looks good to me. See you all soon Bookaholic's and keep reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment