Wednesday 4 September 2013

Fireproof by Alex Kava - Gripping Police Procedural




We're staying in the world of murder and mayhem this week in Bookaholics. Well it is my favourite genre.

I have read all the books in the Maggie O'Dell series and have loved them all. In this, the latest, offering, Maggie finds herself investigating a series of arson attacks. People are now dying in the attacks. As if she doesn't have enough on her plate Maggie is also being pursued by the press who want to make her a part of the story.

This is a well written book with an excellent storyline. However, I don't feel it has just as much of the on your seat tension, as previous books in the series. There are a couple of new characters introduced and I am hoping those are developed more fully in future books. I think I am getting more used to the characters in the series so I didn't feel I got to know much about them in this book.

As I say the storyline is good and kept me reading. This was what made it gripping. By the end I thought I had guessed the identity of the killer but I was then tugged in a different direction. The sign of a good story. Overall I would recommend this book. However if you have not read any of the previous books in this series it might be better to read some of the others first. This will give you a more rounded picture of the characters and help you to place things in context. Saying that, the book can be read as a standalone.

Similar books which you may also enjoy:





That's it from bookaholics today. I am already on to my next book so bookaholics will be back soon with another great review. Until then, pick up a good book and keep reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment