Thursday 15 August 2013

Resurrect by David E. Stevens - Top Notch Apocalyptic Thriller


Yet again I am stepping completely out of my comfort zone with regards to my reading. All through this book I couldn't make up my mind what genre this book belonged to, but I still couldn't put it down. 
In reality I am struggling with what to say about this book, not because I didn't enjoy it, but because it was so good. And so different. I also don't want to give the game away. 

From the back of the book, Josh Logan "dies" in a plane crash. Dead to everyone he know's that is. In his new life he has to infiltrate military agencies and deal with a possible catastrophic disaster. The book is well written and Josh's feelings well handled. The reader is swept along in a whistle stop ride, never knowing what will happen next. There is a lot of science in this book but it is well handled and explained so that the reader is not left puzzled. is this book science Fiction? is it Government Agencies gone mad? Is it spiritual? You will need to read it and make up your own mind. This is not a cop out on my part but an attempt not to ruin the plot.

This is the first in a trilogy and my only disappointment is that of August 2013 book two is not available. I will be looking for it as I cannot wait to know what happens next. This is a great book which I would highly recommend. 

That's it for this week my Bookaholic friends. I'm off to find another book to read so tune in next time to find out what it is. Until then find a good book and keep reading

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, I'm afraid you've got a bit of a wait for book two as it's not due out until June 2015. It is called iMagine, and is about what happens when a close encounter with a comet appears to affect world communications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. How am I ever going to cope. Is there any chance I could have a review copy when they are available so I can blog about that one.

      Delete