Wednesday 10 April 2013

Errol Come Home by Harvey Rooster - Children's Book

 
Anyone familiar with my blog will realise that this weeks offering is a completes departure for me as I do not review Children's books. However, a friend of mine who usually writes murder mysteries, asked me to have a look at this one which he initially wrote for his own children

Simon Swift, whose name for writing children's fiction is Harvey Rooster has come up with a lovely little tale here. It is the story of Errol, a cute little black cat, who is loved and cherished by his owners. Then something unexpected happens and Errol leaves home. I can't say too much as I don't want to give the story away but, suffice to say, I had a lump in my throat at times.

The simple illustrations by Jacoba Dorothy are extremely effective and enhance the story well. Children, up to the age of about seven, will love this book and adults will enjoy reading it to younger children.

This book will be published mid April 2013 by Black Feline Publishers and will be available to buy online.

See you soon for the next offering from my library but until then keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment